Set Up the Mobile App Kiosk Clock for Use
Important: In order to be able to use Payentry®Mobile App you must subscribe to the My Payentry® (ESS) service.
Set up the User
- Go to Clocks > Devices.
- Select the Time Clock App from the Device Type table, the Devices section fills out.
- Click Add User, the Add New Time Clock dialog opens.
- The username is determined by the system and cannot be changed.
- Type in a password and then retype it in the Confirm Password field.
- Type in the Email Address that will be associated with the account and then type it again in Confirm Email Address field.
- Click Add to add the new user.
- Select whether to leave Facial Recognition Settings as Disabled or select Enabled from the drop-down menu in the Facial Recognition Settings section.
Important: If you want to use facial recognition, we recommend keeping it disabled until you have added a photo for at least one user, for example the Clock Administrator, or else no one will be able to sign into the app. Every time a user attempts to log in, the photo that they take is compared against the photo stored in their employee profile. Without a photo to compare against, the user will remain locked out.
For the first iteration of the app, which works as a kiosk clock, the administrative user must have each employee take a picture of themselves for their profile. This is explained further in the Setup Employees with Facial Recognition section later in the document
- Click Save in the header banner to preserve your changes.
Set up the App
Note: We recommend that facial recognition be disabled for this part.
- Install the Payentry® app onto the device, from which employees will punch in. The app is available in your devices' app store.
- Open the app once it downloads, you are on the Sign In page.
- Click Sign In, the app lets you know that the Payentry® app is about to redirect you to the Payentry.com site to login. This allows the app and the website to share information about you (meaning your credentials, permissions, and account information).
- Click Continue, you are redirected to the Payentry® login page.
- Type in your username and password (The one you created in Clocks > Devices).
- Click Sign In, you are taken back to the app. You may or may not receive a prompt to Save Login Credentials. This means all users with a registered fingerprint or face on the device you are using will have access to Payentry, i.e. you will no longer be required to login with a username and password.
- Optional: Click Ok to save your credentials, you are on the Clock page.
- Enter your Clock ID. The Enter button becomes active.
- Click Enter. You are taken to the Time Management page. You get a permission request for Payentry® to access your location while you are using the app.
- Click Allow. Payentry® needs to access your location to work properly, for example, if you want to record the location of the punches and view them from the Map view on Payentry® Time Management (future enhancements will use the location data to block punches).
Your user is now setup and if you can punch in if you like.
Setup Administrators and Employees with Facial Recognition
Note: If you want to use facial recognition, we recommend keeping it disabled until you have added a photo for at least one user, for example the Clock Administrator, or else no one will be able to sign into the app. Every time a user attempts to log in, the photo that they take is compared against the photo stored in their employee profile. Without a photo to compare against, the user will remain locked out.
- Click on Employees tab on the bottom of the menu, the employee list comes up.
- Select an employee from the list, the Employee page comes up.
- Click Add Photo, the camera page comes up.
When the app attempts to use the device’s camera for the first time you receive a permission request for "Payentry" to have access to your device's camera. This only happens one time.
- Have the employee take a portrait of themselves, it load to the Employee Details page. Now the employee can use Facial Recognition.
- Do this for every employee who will use the app to punch in.
To get back to the Kiosk Clock screen, all you have to do is punch in, to sign out:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the Sign Out button. A confirmation dialog opens.
- Click Ok. You've been signed out.